Tuesday, June 25, 2013

A pictorial tutorial on sampling macroinvertebrates

     Well as promised I finally got around to putting up pictures of me and the rest of the research crew sampling Macroinvertebrates on the Boardman River. The research crew is composed of me, David Petry, Nathan Hadley, Casey Shoaff, and Joel Betts All the pictures below were taken by Nathan Hadley, a fellow researcher on the team and, I might add, an excellent photographer. I'll put up another post soon about my exciting weekend in Washington with family and friends. For now enjoy the pictures of beautiful northern Michigan and wish you had a job as awesome as mine.
 The whole team (Aside from Nathan who is taking the picture)
 Walking to a research site
 Taking velocity measurements
 Casey Shoaff
 Former Brown Bridge Pond
 Casey and I
 David Petry leads the way
 Taking a sample (Joel Betts is closest to camera)
 Recording Data
 Getting wet while sampling
 Not all work
Joel, Nathan, and, David helping me take a sample 
 Me fighting the current
The river getting the best of me

1 comment: