Saturday, July 12, 2014

Turtles, more turtles, and cooking (Note I am not cooking the turtles)

     This week (as with every week down here) I have been daily throwing myself off boats and diving into the deep to look for turtles. I found and observed four hawksbill sea turtles this week and completed my 50th dive since being down here. Needless to say, I am a tad tired today from the weeks exploits. In other news, I successfully made a giant pan (And I do mean ginormous) of lentil stew with sauteed onions, garlic, rice which was by all around a roaring success and will probably last till tomorrow. For some reason, it's always while I am in Honduras that my creative cooking juices start flowing. Currently the rain is pouring outside in a small tropical storm, and the thunder is booming occasionally, so I will leave you with a few pictures of my diving adventures and sit outside in my hammock to watch the rain.

Adios,
Christian


 Me, Marsha (A volunteer working down here), and some other divers forming a pyramid
(Photo courtesy of Cristobal)

 Hawksbill mugshot (Dunbar)



Tube worm (Dustin

 Hawksbill mugshot (Dunbar)

Hawksbill taking off for deep water (Dunbar)

No comments:

Post a Comment