Sunday, August 27, 2017

The beginning of yet another adventure


     It has been three years since I last updated this blog and so much has occurred since then. When last I took the time to write down my assorted musings about life it was in September of 2014, almost three years ago. At the time I had just finished my summer field work in Honduras and was ramping up to defend my thesis the following semester. Since then, I have: 1. Successfully defended my thesis (Yeah!), 2. Taught at two different colleges (Cedarville University and Judson University), 3. Got to see my older sister Heather married to Justin, an awesome guy from MI, 4. Attended an International Sea Turtle Symposium in Las Vegas, 4. Traveled all over the US, (from Washington to Michigan, as well as Washington to Mississippi), and 5. Joined a great church in IL, and  5. Started a PhD program in Coastal Sciences at the University of Southern Mississippi. My life, (as several of my friends have remarked), is rarely boring. God has truly led me to some incredible places.

     I have considered restarting the blog for some time now, but I didn't have quite the right motivation. Now that I have started my PhD. Program I will no doubt have plenty of material to talk about, as the ups and downs of research are often interesting and occasionally hilarious. Hopefully some of my meandering stories and musings will proof interesting, or if not than at least somewhat amusing. Rather than ramble on anymore I will simply post a few pictures of my trip out here and where I am living, and then get on to the more informative posts about my research later. Enjoy!

                                      
                                               My first car! (2016 Kia Rio I bought in July). 

 Bridge over the Colorado River, Moab

 Wilson Arch, Moab, UT

                                                    Bridge over the Colorado River, Moab


Colorado River, Moab, UT

Me and my dad at a Visitor center in MS

My Dad at the Stennis Space Center Visitor's Center Apollo 11 Replica

 Bently, my housemate's amazing, cute dog

 My room in the house I am renting (You will notice the beautiful bird painting by my Grandpa on the wall)

My amazing durable Ethan Allen desk that came all the way from WA with me. The picture is of one of the first Hawksbill sea turtles I ever saw (Courtesy of Stephen Dunbar).

 My bike (Same $80 dollar Roadmaster I have bought every place I have lived in the last 3 years)




No comments:

Post a Comment