Saturday, June 28, 2014

My new lodgings and a smattering of fun pictures from around the island

      As the name of the post indicates, I recently moved into new, better, improved lodgings because of some issues with our previous lodgings which for brevity's sake will not go into. The place I moved into is the Mariposa Lodge, a small hotel nestled on a hill at the West End among the coconut and banana trees. Unlike in my previous residence I now have access to a nice shower, a sizable kitchen, and two outside hammocks. Also there are fare fewer ants scurrying around the room, which is truly a blessing and I have a working fan over my bad. Anyway here are a few pics of some of the local flora, fauna, and mew lodgings. Hope you enjoy!

 A beautiful tropical flower

 A beautiful palmate leaf from an unknown tree

 An unidentified spider likely in the family Theraphosidae (tarantulas) that I found on the road

 The beautiful catkins (I believe) of an unidentified tropical tree

 Some variety of tree cactus

 A wicked looking spiky plant likely a type of aloe

 A gecko
 The hammocks outside my room (perfect for reading in)

My new lodgings


No comments:

Post a Comment